Saturday, September 12, 2009

You can see some floor! (An inside look - part 2)

I worked a bunch tonight and made significant progress - you can walk into the room now (WITHOUT having to tiptoe over things!) Everything (okay, not everything - half the room minus a couple loads of garbage) is in the hallway in sorted out bins for now, that I will then have to sort more to put them neatly into the room. Here's crossing my fingers that the kiddos won't try to "reorganize" any of it!


Here's my bin of partially finished projects. Sad, huh - I'm only halfway through the room! I have the things to finish them all, just got sidetracked (or couldn't find the rest of the materials in the mess!)


And here's the room, with actual floor showing! Oh, that feels good!


I'm off to bed! I'm exhausted and not feeling well (not from organizing, that was going on before - I just couldn't stand laying down and resting and thinking about this mess anymore!!) Goodnight!

Andrea

5 comments:

  1. Stop buying stuff right now. Living in a small space right now has taught me to just buy what I'm going to use, and to finish that project. Now I'm not always the best at that. I do get burned out on sewing. Start small and keep it up.
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I spent a good week, during the summer, dumping out my closets, bins, etc. and reorganizing everything...so MUCH happier now.

    Plus hubby built new shelves, put together a new bookshelf...helped to me separate my 1/2 yds and FQs from my stash...then I was able to put JUST my Civil War Repro FQs in another shelving unit...all by themselves...LOL LOL Yeah, I'm a little OCD... Tried to follow but blogger's having hiccups right now, so I'll pop in later.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are making great progress. Keep it up. My daughter is a wiz at organizing. We recently move my "work" area to what I thought was a larger room but I can't get things to fit. She's coming over to help soon. I love watching things take shape. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL - Tiffany, you know I like shopping and trying new projects MUCH too much to give up Joanns, Hobby Lobby, and Michaels cold turkey! ; )

    Thank you all so much for your words of encouragement. I better go get back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, forget my last comment to Tiffany. I just spent half an hour sorting out stuff and the room looks almost no different - this is not happening again! Joanns, Hobby Lobby, etc etc CUT OFF until further notice! Okay, only supplies needed to FINISH a project I already have most of the materials for, things for special orders, and some beanies and headbands to sell the flowers I already have made.... I have a PROBLEM!!

    ReplyDelete